Romantic & Rainy Early Spring Wedding – Cynthia & Nevin
This early spring church wedding in Arthur, Illinois was a breath of fresh air!
It was a privilege for us to document this long awaited, much anticipated wedding. It was a truly special day filled with
- so much depth and meaning,
- beautiful, beautiful music,
- the groomsmen’s star spangled socks,
- lots of happy tears,
- A trio of adorable nephews in suspenders and newsboys hats,
- amazing food,
- a massive charcuterie style hors d’oeuvre table,
- TWO different wedding cakes,
- a vintage getaway car,
- and gorgeous springy white florals!
A beautiful church in Arthur, Illinois was the perfect setting for Cynthia & Nevin’s wedding ceremony. One of my personal favorite parts of their ceremony was the lovely music they chose. Musicians included a pianist, a stringed quartet, and special solo with piano accompaniment by two of the bridesmaids. The bride & groom chose a classic color scheme of navy, white, and gold, with lots of fresh greenery and springtime blooms like ranunculus & white miniature roses. Another favorite detail of mine was the coffee bar and biscotti at the reception! Allerton Park was the perfect place to shoot most of the portraits. Although the forecast for their wedding day called for lots of rain, prayers were answered and it stayed away most of the day! It began to rain during the reception, which gave us the perfect romantic ending we were looking for. After the sparkler exit, we we able to get a few photos with their antique Model A getaway car in the rain! Congratulations Nevin & Cynthia!
- Florist: Everyday Beauty Co, Emily Beachy
- Church: Arthur United Methodist
- Photos: Allerton Park Monticello
- Sommers Sisters String Quartet
- Invitations: Schlabach Printers
- Video: TNY Videography